If you're dreaming of taking a Parisian vacation, look no further! This Monday – July 14 – is Bastille Day, also known as French National Day. Although we can't book you on the next flight to the "City of Lights," we can show you how to exude a chic European vibe in your own New York home or apartment.
- Feminine touches: Feminine touches, like a simple vase with flowers, are very European. Since the French are also known for their Fashion sense, we love the idea of organizing your closet for a glamorous look. Opt for a full-length mirror that gives a bit of drama and femininity to your space.
- Lighting: Paris is known as the "City of Lights" for a reason! Hanging a chandelier above your dining room table will add just enough elegance to the ambiance. You don't even have to break the bank to find an elegant lighting fixture!
- One-of-a-kind décor: "Paris is famous for its brocantes (French for flea markets), and they pop up every weekend in a different arrondissement, lining the streets with untapped treasures," writes a blogger for ApartmentTherapy.com. "Parisians are always on the hunt for something unique, so when choosing knickknacks and curiosities for your home, do spend some time on online vintage sources or at your local flea market"
- Romantic reading nook: There's nothing more romantic than reading your favorite love story in your cozy reading nook. When it's simply too hot to go outside this summer, beat the heat by curling up indoors with a glass of French wine and a good book.
- Well-equipped kitchen: France is known for having exquisite food, including fresh baguettes and delicious delicacies like escargot. Impress your sweetie with a French meal. We love the idea of preparing a brunch with crepes and croissants. Just make sure that your kitchen is well-equipped with all the necessities to create this feast. Plus, let plenty of sunlight dance through your kitchen window by using the correct window coverings.
- White walls: According to Apartment Therapy, Parisians tend to keep their walls white to lighten up their apartments. However, if this all-white look is too washed out for your taste, add some vibrancy to your home with colorful custom curtains and drapes.
For more home design tips be sure to follow our blog or make an appointment with our professional home design consultants at Metropolitan Window Fashions! We can help you choose the very best curtains, drapes, shades, blinds or shutters for your house or apartment, whether you're looking for a Parisian vibe or any other particular style.