Fashion and interior design are constantly evolving. We love to see what’s abuzz in the ever-changing world of trending style. The upcoming season guarantees not to disappoint, as the complexity of worldly charm is met with permission for color and a ‘closer to nature’ vibe throughout. The top two decorating styles have been named for the upcoming year: Cove and Old Havana. Want to know more? We’d love to help you choose your favorite elements of design. Cove, a reference to the relaxation of the sea, inspires cool hues, soothing shapes and fluid designs. Old Havana offers a globally chic representation of Cuba’s heritage with on-trend colors and eye-catching prints contrasting with vintage pieces. From fabrics and furnishings, to relaxation and enjoyment, the trending styles of the upcoming year are full of the passion we all need to embrace.
Get Closer to Nature
The open air, colors of the sea, soft blues and greens…this season, expect to see elements of water, sand and surf come into play. The materials and textures of trending style are bringing us closer to nature. And, we all need more soothing relaxation in our lives. You’ll see raw materials in high design with a one-of-a-kind feel. Furnishings and fabrics will whisper about the tranquility of nature, surrounding your home in comfort while offering a sophisticated air.
We are so highly connected across the globe, and that worldly influence offers the beauty of culture and charm. Trending style allows us to embrace the culture of worlds beyond our front doors. Expect to see patterns and prints featuring the allure of global inspiration, like medallions and organic textures. Rich colors and enchanting tones will highlight fabrics. The unique look of handcrafted pieces will bring a comfortable feeling of home, while offering stellar design.
Bringing Trending Style Into Your Own Home
What’s the take-away of interior design this season? With both Cove and Old Havana named as the top two decor trends, you might feel as if they are at odds. But we’ve discovered ways that allow you to embrace the essence of trending style, and between the two of them, they’re not that different. In other words, how can you bring the atmosphere of designer styling into your home? Follow these steps:
- Find patterns that make you “Ooh” and “Ahhh” with delight. It’s more about the eclectic details of prints that will bring unique character to your space.
- Be on the lookout for colors that freshen up your home, whether in soothing tones of the sea, or the vibrancy of island florals.
- Bring in elements of nature–greenery and fruits add color, wooden accent pieces offer charm, and a gorgeous view of the outdoors will provide peaceful atmosphere.
- Let history play a part. Distressed wood and rustic metals offer a story of imperfection, which we all know makes life beautiful.
- Don’t be afraid to pair the old and the new. Life’s enjoyment is about surrounding yourself with what you love. Embrace who you are, and run with it.
Are you feeling inspired? We certainly are, and we can’t wait to see how these latest designs in trending style evolve. Ready to start a project, but not sure where to begin? We’d love to help. With our exclusive Hunter Douglas galleries, you can visit us to see fabrics and fashion to inspire the decor of your home. When you’re ready, we’ll come to you for a free, in-home consultation to help you decide what will help you bring about the style you love. Contact our team, at Metropolitan Window Fashions, today!