Many homeowners are surprised by the aesthetics New Jersey window treatments can add to a home. Have you recently repainted or replaced the flooring or furniture in a room leaving your New Jersey window treatments that look out of place because they no longer match? Metropolitan Window Fashions, a New Jersey window treatments specialist, is here to help. Whether you’re looking for something formal, or more practical, curtains or draperies, we can dress all of your windows beautifully. We can use our knowledge and expertise to help you to find the right things for each room.
Types of Window Coverings for New Jersey Window Treatments
Blinds are traditional window coverings and are extremely common in homes and businesses throughout the country. They are built with a headrail, individual and adjustable slats, and a bottom rail. They can be closed to block light and protect and privacy, and opened to let light in and create a view of the outdoors.
- Blinds are among the most inexpensive window coverings. If you’re on a budget and looking to outfit your home with new window coverings, blinds may be your best option. Faux wood and aluminum mini blinds are priced to fit almost any New Jersey Window Fashions budget without sacrificing any quality or beauty.
- Blinds can be easily repaired. Because blinds are built using several individual slats, they can be easily repaired if they get damaged. Broken slats can be glued or even replaced altogether with ease. In addition, both faux wood and aluminum blinds are also easily cleaned and maintained, making them less likely to become stained or faded over time than other types of New Jersey window treatments.
Shades aren’t as common in homes as blinds, but they’re still a very popular and effective option for blocking light and protecting privacy. In addition, shades are rapidly changing and becoming more and more versatile. For example, our sheer shades use highly advanced fabrics and combine the function of blinds and traditional shades.
- Shades create a built-in and low-profile look. When lowered, certain types of shades (especially roller shades and cellular shades) create a matte and low-profile look on windows. Their simplistic and uniform design makes them ideal for homeowners who prefer to keep their interior design focus elsewhere. However, roman shades and bamboo shades can easily be the centerpiece of a room for homeowners who want to draw eyes to their windows.
- Shades are highly effective at blocking light and protecting privacy. While blinds are perfectly capable of reducing glare and helping your family feel safe and secure inside your home, shades can take those benefits to a new level. Shades can be paired with both blackout liners and privacy liners, which are designed to turn ordinary rooms into sanctuaries of peace and quiet. They’re also perfect for media rooms, home offices, and bedrooms, and home theaters.
Curtains are generally made from lightweight fabrics and are designed to add a decorative flair to windows. Unlike inside-mounted blinds and shades, curtains are installed completely outside of windows and may cover only a small part of your windows or a large portion of them. Their design often makes them a stronger focal point of rooms than blinds and shades. Many curtains are relatively short and may fall only to the bottom of the window sill, while others may be floor-length.
- Curtains help protect your blinds and shades. If you already have blinds or shades and add curtains to the mix, you may find that your existing New Jersey window treatments will last longer and require less maintenance and cleaning, especially if you keep your curtains closed. In addition to keeping pets and their sharp claws and teeth at bay, curtains also act as dust magnets. While you’ll still need to dust them on a regular basis, curtains are easily removed and can simply be shaken off outside.
- Curtains can complement and accent your blinds and shades. If you’re looking for curtains that purely decorative due to already having blinds or shades installed on your windows, you’ll be happy to know that curtains are an excellent way to further enhance the beauty of your window treatments. Curtains can create interesting contrasts to the colors, patterns, and textures in the wood, fabric, or synthetic materials used in your blinds and shades, and they can also add an extra infusion of color to your room.
Many people think curtains and drapes are interchangeable. However, they are two unique window covering types. Drapes are made almost exclusively with thick and heavy fabrics and typically are floor-length in size.
- Drapes are great at insulating and soundproofing rooms. While thin, sheer curtains will provide virtually nothing in the way of insulation and soundproofing, thick thermal drapes are great for reducing heat loss during the winter and keeping cold drafts at bay. Thick drapes also create a dampening effect for loud and bothersome noises, making them ideal for homeowners who live near train tracks, industrial facilities, or busy highways.
- Drapes can give a room a formal appearance. Curtains are generally considered informal and casual window coverings, while drapes are more formal in both appearance and function. Drapes are perfect for dining rooms, living rooms, and other areas where guests are frequently entertained. However, drapes don’t have to be installed only in formal rooms. When paired with high-quality blinds or shades, they’re perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room in your home.
Looking for the Best Company for New Jersey Window Treatments?
Metropolitan Window Fashions is a third generation family business that has been serving customers of the Metropolitan area for 83 years. We live and work in this community and support other small local businesses. Although our children are in school, they have all worked part-time with us, making them the fourth generation to join the company. We’ve served customers from areas such as Manhattan, Green Brook, Scotch Plains, Watchung, Glen Rock, Westwood, Woodcliff Lake, Edison, Chatham, Mahwah, Bridgewater, & many more. Call our NYC & New Jersey custom window treatments experts today and ask about our Roman shades and the other great services we offer! If you are looking for more information, contact us today at (908)755-4700 or visit the website.