Regardless of whether you're single or have been happily married for decades, your home deserves some TLC this February. What better way to warm up the winter than with elegant draperies, upholstered love seats and warm throw blankets? Check out some of our top tips for exuding vintage romance in your New York home.
- Comfy seating: "It's nice to have a seating area somewhere around the house that feels very casual and loungy," writes Houzz.com contributor Laura Gaskill. "A place where you can curl up with a good book or catch up with an old friend. Casually gathered curtains, string lights, a birdcage adorned with hanging candles and a textile-draped love seat would work equally well indoors or out."
- Flowers: Fresh flowers exude romance no matter what season it is. Place white roses in a crystal vase for a classic look.
- Sheer draperies: Make your February light-hearted with weightless and airy draperies. Sheer custom window coverings look chic in nearly every room of your home.
- Vintage photographs: Black and white photos are creative and romantic. Frame photos of your grandparents and add them to your living room wall. For a more eclectic look, create a salon wall with a combination of mementos and photographs.
- Wine rack: Sit back and relax with a glass of red or white. Add a chic bar cart to your living room for an extra romantic vibe.