Part of the joy in selecting custom window blinds is discovering how customizable they are. Whatever the size of your home's windows or the texture of the frame, you can find blinds that fit right in and make a great addition to your home's decor scheme. The more you think about what you want, the greater satisfaction you will get out of blinds that are tailor-made just for you!
Metropolitan Window Fashions offer three different types Hunter Douglas blinds that will bring the advantages of wood, aluminum and alternative wood to your home. Blinds are both functional and easy to customize to match the surrounding home for a solution that feels natural.
Metropolitan Window Fashions offer three different types Hunter Douglas blinds that will bring the advantages of wood, aluminum and alternative wood to your home.
Here are some of the ways that blinds can be customized to fit your expectations. When choosing blinds, ask yourself the following questions to decide exactly which ones are best for you:
- Cord or no cord? If you decide to use a cord with your blinds, the Hunter Douglas Parkland® Classics' UltraGlide system are child safe with its retractable cord. If you'd rather adjust blinds from a distance, you can use a remote control to tilt the slats however you want. The motorized blinds turn smoothly to just the right angle with the push of a button.
- How much light? Hunter Douglas Parkland® Wood Blinds' de-Light™ option prevents light from filtering through the cord holes. For rooms where absolute privacy is important, this little detail will make a huge difference and leave you feeling more relaxed.
- How wide should the slats be? Houzz contributor Becky Dietrich calls this the first decision homeowners have to make when purchasing blinds, and one that will affect how the light filters through them. A design consultant will help you visualize the lighting effect that a certain slat width will have once the blinds are installed.
- Should you add a top treatment? Pairing blinds with a matching treatment that covers the window is a great choice. Aside from adding visual interest, top treatments can make a window covering blend in subtly to the background. It may also be an opportunity to further match the room's style, tone and color through the choice of material.
- What material? Our three different brands of Hunter Douglas blinds each boast their own unique style. You can use the basic feel of materials like alternative wood as a jumping off point for colors and other decorative options to customize how your windows look. Dietrich specifically says that the durability of faux wood is great for the moist environments of kitchens and bathrooms.
Metropolitan Window Fashions offers a free, at-home consultation to help you decide which blinds would best complement your home. Contact us today to set up your appointment and learn more.