Whether you just moved into a new space, or are planning on giving your home a makeover, it's important to pay close attention to your bedroom. After all, you likely spend at least eight hours a day in the room and a well-designed bedroom can certainly help you get the proper amount of shuteye. Here are a few must-haves for a relaxing and stylish sleeping chamber:
- Chic chair: Every master bedroom needs extra seating. Head to an antique shop and look for a chic chair or try using your favorite fabric to make an upholstered creation. This chair can create a stylish area to read books or a magazine or can even be used next to a mirror for a makeup station.
- Cozy rug: When you get up in the morning, one of the last things you want to do is step on a cold floor. A cozy throw rug can pull the design elements of your room together, while also ensuring that your feet are warm and comfortable in the morning. Choose a solid color rug or opt for a fun and funky design.
- Gadget-free zone: To truly relax and unwind in your bedroom oasis, it's important for your room to be gadget-free. Some people opt for no televisions in the bedroom, while others disguise this technology in a chest or armoire. It's also essential to unplug at least an hour before bedtime, so put down your cell phones and iPads and instead, sit back and relax with a good book.
- Original flair: Your bedroom is a space that you can retreat to, so it's important that it matches your personality. Use personal touches, such as a vase with your favorite flowers or a stencil of your favorite quote, to truly make it a room of your own.
- Stylish window fashions: Window coverings are a must-have for your bedroom. Not only will these coverings unite your design scheme, they can also block out bright sunlight and street lamps, which will help you sleep soundly.
- Throw pillows: Your bed should boast the right amount of throw pillows. "How to figure out this number: It should be enough pillows so that your bed looks sumptuous and inviting when properly made…yet not enough that getting in bed requires 10 minutes of excavating. The sweet spot is usually between one-six, depending on the size of your bed," writes a blogger for Elle Decor.
If you're in need of custom curtains, drapes, shades of blinds, make Metropolitan Window Fashions your go-to! Our home design consultants can help you determine which window coverings will work best in your bedroom. Contact us today for a consultation!