Metropolitan Window Fashions provides custom window treatments for your home that will match it perfectly. Our consultants will walk you through the process of finding the material, style and placement that suits each window.
This applies to our custom window shades as well as the other home decor products we sell. Customers can choose Hunter Douglas shades that are professionally measured and installed to your satisfaction. Part of what makes them so useful are the ways they are able to be adapted to any preference.
Customers can choose every aspect of the Hunter Douglas shades available and guarantee that they are fit to their liking.
Here are five examples of how you can customize our different Hunter Douglas shades to your liking:
- Automation: Homeowners can set up a motorized system that allows them to open and close shades remotely for convenience. This works well with the Hunter Douglas Luminette® Privacy Sheers, which can be programmed to hang at a certain position at different times of day.
- Color: We have many different colors available for these shadings, so you can choose a material and color combination that goes well together, and also suits the decor of the house the best.
- Fabric: The Hunter Douglas website lists a variety of materials used to make textiles for shades, each of which is well-suited to a certain model type. Some of the examples include elements you may not associate with home window shades, such as the Alustra® Silhouette® shadings, with a metallic finish, or the Opalessence™ fabric that weaves in particles of the mineral Mica. After browsing some of the different options, you may have new ideas about what the best fabric to use will be, and it’s worth remembering that this choice affects not just the look of the window, but the way it lets light and heat into a room as well.
- Opacity: How transparent should the shades you use be? This will vary depending on many factors, and homeowners will be able to decide for themselves if they want a full blackout effect or shades they can still see through. The images of Duette® Honeycomb Shades on our site show you the different kinds of light patterns this will allow you to let in, from shadows to a gently obscured view.
- Size: Hunter Douglas Silhouettes® are a great example of a product that can be customized to fit any window. They work well as a focal point on a large window, smaller windows and special shapes, such as an arch. The sheers transform harsh sunlight into a soft warm glow and create the ambiance that you desire in your home.
As the largest Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer in NJ, Metropolitan Window Fashions offers the entire range of the company’s products, including the Alustra line. By working with us, you will feel confident that you have selected the best window treatment for your home.
You will also feel secure knowing that Hunter Douglas products represent consistent and quality craftsmanship. Please contact us at Metropolitan Window Fashions today to set up a free shop at home consultation.