Summer is in full swing and that means entertaining outside hosting backyard barbeques, summer pool parties and family reunions. It’s important that you consider your outside spaces an important extension of your home. We have found some great tips that are fun and stylish that will assist and inspire you to throwing the best summer party yet!
- Keep it Fun and Bright – A summer party is supposed to be fun, so why not use some colorful outdoor fabrics for your tables? Waverly has a great selection and we here at Metropolitan Window Fashions have some of the Sun and Shade patterns in stock. You can easily make tablecloths for your next party that will add some whimsy and splashes of color to your party. Layering your table with a variety of fabrics makes for a beautiful presentation!
- Bring the Inside Outside – By adding throw pillows and seating cushions to your outdoor furniture, you can make it more comfortable and cushy. This will bring a cozy and relaxing feel to your outdoor seating. Don’t forget the outdoor lighting, this will allow you to keep the party going well into the night. Here’s some great ideas we found on Pinterest.
- Setting the Table – Instead of using paper plates, try creating tablescapes that are more sophisticated by using upscale dinnerware for your next outdoor party. You can use ceramic plates for food and wine glasses for beverages. If you are going for a more casual barbecue feel, using mason jars for beverages will sure to be a hit! You can find different materials to use, and mix and match them. The more eclectic look will add interest and can be a focal point. Here are some fabulous tablescapes that are popular and should give you tons of inspiration!
- Prepare Your Menu – this is the most important part of your party, the food and the beverages!!! Summer is about grilling, and for all of you grillmasters out there, we have gathered the top recipes when grilling for a crowd here. Don’t forget your sides, salads, grilled veggies as well as fruits work great in the summer. You will want to drinks to keep flowing and these refreshing beverages should be sure to get everyone in a relaxed and conversational mood!
- Let the Music play – A great party is not complete without music. Depending on the type of event, your music choices will vary. If you plan on having a more formal sit down event, select easy, soft and relaxing music. However, if your party involves mixing, you may want to select a variety of musical genres that will appeal to your guests. Classic Rock, R&B and Pop Music are great choices, everyone knows the songs and provide a great musical backdrop to your event.
From everyone here at Metropolitan Window Fashions, please enjoy your summer!Tags: BBQ, fabrics, food, grilling, home, music, outdoor, party tips, pool, tablescapes